Fife has employees with considerable prior experience in the bio-fuels (ethanol industry). That experience includes plant operations and providing products and services that are utilized in the production of ethanol. Because of this understanding of the ethanol production process, Fife has developed some proprietary process additives that improve efficiency and reduce costs. The product offerings are as follows:
Fife is certainly no stranger to developing innovative cleaning chemistries. Fife’s founder was involved in developing patented chemistry used in the refinery decontamination service industry. This chemistry was so effective in removing asphalt type deposits down to bare metal, that turnaround times were shortened, resulting in millions of dollars in annual savings.
FifeClean is a CIP additive that is a surfactant package that improves the speed and effectiveness of caustic or acid cleaning. The surfactant package increases the solubility of certain proteins found in corn that only solubilize above a pH of 11.5. Benefits of using FifeClean include:
- Less caustic usage which reduces CIP chemical usage
- Reduces potential for bacterial infection by increasing penetration into hydrophobic areas
- Lower use of antimicrobial agents by eliminating areas harboring bacteria
- Shortened CIP times which will increase ethanol production in Delta T style plants
Evaporators and distillation systems in ethanol plants are subject to fouling caused by a combination of organic and inorganic deposits forming in concert. Areas of high heat transfer and water evaporation creates a concentration effect. which leads to precipitation. These deposits are typically oxalate, phosphate and/or organic-cation in nature. When FifeGuard is applied to a freshly cleaned evaporator or distillation re-boiler, it can prevent and/or dramatically reduce the rate of fouling. The benefits include:
- Less energy per gallon of ethanol produced
- Lower CIP costs
- Elimination of costly hydro-blasting
- Deposits are softer and more responsive to chemical CIP methods
Stay tuned for more information on this breakthrough technology.